Thursday, February 05, 2004

STILL IN A HOLDING PATTERN--AND A RECOMMENDATION

I'm still working on my novel and thus trying to avoid blogging and messageboards (although I'm not doing so well re messageboards). The novel's going well. I've got 90,000 words now, and it looks like it'll top out at 120,000.

In the meantime, if you've just stumbled upon this blog for the first time, check out the archives. I should be back by March with more stories of odd jobs, among other things.

I do have a couple of recommendations, however. First, Matthew Cheney's blog, which consistently displays real thought and passion about fantastical fiction and many other topics besides that. Cheney's blog is the best I've read recently. There're a lot of entries I wish I'd written.

Second, Gabe Chouinard's Singularity blog is worth checking out. There's a lot of heat lightning there, but also a lot of interesting discussion. At the very least it gets beyond the kind of polite banalities that serve as a kind of death elsewhere.

And, for those of you who subscribe to the VanderWorld Report, please note that I will put one out before the third week of February, although it may be shorter than usual.

Cheers,

JeffV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home