Friday, May 20, 2005

MICHAEL CISCO ENTERS THE E-AGE



Michael Cisco, one of our best mega-surrealist-absurdist fiction eccentrics, now has his own Web site, with news, links, and other information.



I've written about Cisco before on this blog, especially about his unpublished novel The Traitor which I hope to facilitate the release of when my schedule frees up a bit.



Cisco is working the outer edges and he's an important writer to read because he's continually pushing. His fiction is challenging and uncomforting to the reader. And that's precisely why we need him.

JeffV

(Jeff: "Evil Monkey! Why are you crying? ... and what is that..thing...you're...eating?" Evil Monkey: "My friend, never become a writer. You constantly misinterpret context." Jeff: "What do you mean?" Evil Monkey: "I'm not crying. I'm laughing so hard I'm tearing up. And that's Anne Rice's head. I'm not eating it. I just...had...to...make...her...stop...talking...about...Jesus." Jeff: "Can't say I blame you.")

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Ismo Santala said...

For the past week, I've been guest blogging over at Splinters, plugging The Modern Word-related writers left and right.

Michael gets a mention here, while Jeff is publicized here.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

we found it hilarious too

we also found this on the same directory that left us out in tears, an online quiz for couples of all kinds, check it out

http://bamboo.contagiousmedia.org/quiz/index.html

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Joe said...

She doesn't always talk about Jesus, to be fair; she also spend a great deal of time describing how her sensitive vampires cry. A lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home