Wednesday, June 22, 2005

EDWARD WHITTEMORE: Sketches of and poems about

Anne Sydenham, who continues to do extremely valuable work with her Edward Whittemore website, has just posted a few pages of poems and sketches by Helen Bar-Lev, who lived with Whittemore from 1982 to 1987. Together, the poems and sketches provide a very personal and unique perspective on a criminally underrated author.

I'm still hopeful that the manuscript of Whittemore's last novel will eventually be published. Whether it is up to the high standard set by his other work or not, it would be a valuable historical addition to his canon.

Jeff

(Evil Monkey: By the way--are you suddenly skitzo?" Jeff: "Huh?" Evil Monkey: "You were touting Eisley awhile back. Now you're listening to the Murder City Devils and the Hot Snakes. What is up with you?!" Jeff: "It's my own internal backlash against listening to so much Brit pop and Brit pop sound-alikes." Evil Monkey: "I wish you'd make up your bloody mind. I just got used to the Eisley." Jeff: "I thought you liked Murder City Devils. Didn't you tour with them?" Evil Monkey: "Yes, I did." Jeff: "What did you do for them?" Evil Monkey: "I was their monkey.")

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those poems are beautiful and heartbreaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home