Sunday, May 21, 2006

JUMBLY SUNDAY

Saturday afternoon, I came down with a horrible stomach virus. I can't even read it's so bad, and no appetite at all. This thing is truly vomitrocious. It's not Montezuma's Revenge--it's more like Montezuma's All-Encompassing Cluster Fuck of an Unwelcome Surprise. A giant squid and a whale appear to be having a knock-out-drag-down fight in my small intestine. Weee! What fun.

Into this haze of feverish involuntary how-to-wreck-a-weekendness, a few things have intruded.

Like, this exciting news from Finland from Cheryl Morgan.

Or this. I am not so sick that I cannot say: screw you for calling me "New Weird". And if Neil Gaiman's New Weird, I'm a writer of nurse novels.

Or even this, which, in my current state, is somewhat bewildering (via Ann--sorry I'm such a wet blanket this weekend).

And Luis Rodrigues sent this, which I haven't checked out but since he titled it monkeys with squid, must be good.

Neddal Ayad is always sending me interesting links, like this one or this one or this one.

And someone just posted this comment on the Felicity ("Rosie") Savage blog entry from awhile back:

i used to work w/Rosie Savage when she lived in Harlem, here in New York City (heard from co-workers she was into a somewhat abusive relationship w/her live-in black boyfriend...she loves rap, '70s soul). She told me she was into writing fantasy, though i never went to find out more about her works. i remember a few times calling her "ro", and she hated it and always corrected me not to do so in her english/scot accent. she was a lot of fun to be with, talking about her life abroad, funny family members, and opinions of life in general in the break room. We used to be both cashiers and customer support @ Virgin Megastore in Times Square back in 1997-1998; she was fired before me (I was fired in summer 2000), probably because of her attitude getting worse there (it is an extremely stressful place to work at: loud music, annoying tourists, bonehead management, etc.). she used Virgin as a means to give herself a break from writing and gain more knowledge into people in general, i would believe. A few months after her dismissal, i did ser her again and she looked so different: her blondish/brown, all braided, baggy oldish clothes, said she is working at the big apple circus and wanted me to join her...i told her i was surprised in her asking, but a life in a circus was not my means of paying rent. i have not seen her again since, though a co-worker i know who is still working there heard she moved to africa. i, like you, am still searching for this intelligent, fun, but secretive troubled woman...richy


Right. I'm back to bed to collapse and remember with fondness those days when I could eat solid food and read in bed whilst sick.

Jeff

6 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Below is a link to my post about Lordi, which leads to a link to the NYTimes article - no doubt you have to pay to see it, now that it's archived, but I saved the best quotes for my post. As always, I'm ahead of the curve when it comes to monster rock. :P

http://livia-llewellyn.livejournal.com/3617.html

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I had a nasty stomach virus not too long ago--it's a great way to ruin a weekend. I hope you feel better soon. I found that a lot of bed rest and liquids, and not trying to do more than my body was capable of, was the quickest cure. Take care!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Feel better soon, man.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You gotta stop eating those poor, defenceless aligators, man. They do you no good.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Those are some sad monkeys, and no amount of fancy hats can cheer them up.

~EW

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Tessa said...

Eat bananas.

They're the only food that tastes exactly the same coming up, and more importantly, comes up very, very, very smooth on the throat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home