Saturday, July 15, 2006

BLAWG CHANGES

I feel in recent months as if the focus of this blog has become somewhat fractured, and so when I get back from Europe I am going to make some changes.

(1) It was never my intent to have so many posts about foreign sales and other news items, unless it was something pretty cool like actually having Shriek in my hands. The problem has been my learning curve on blogger and lack of time with regard to what I'd really like to do: have a side bar on this blog where I can post news items and links to news. I plan on creating a sidebar by September.

(2) I think a certain amount of personal-public type postings make sense, but I'm not sure it's balanced the way it should be. Some of the stuff about books could as easily go on a formal website that runs columns, reviews, and interviews. So, starting in September, I'm going to start doing a column for SF Site (details yet to be worked out). Several of the things I would have posted to this blog will go there instead.

(3) There can never be enough Evil Monkey.

The result of these changes will be to recapture some of the original flavor of this blog, when I would post more thoughtful pieces and fewer quick info blurts. It will also allow me to have more fun with the blog, I think.

Anyway, that's the plan.

Also, I would love feedback on the Evil Monkey videos. Should Evil continue to speak out every week?
Jeff

8 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

I'd say two things: first, don't over think the blog. It's a blog; second, there cannot be too much Evil Monkey. Evil Monkey must continue to tell it like it might be, as often as possible.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree, Jonathan. I shouldn't too rigidly compartmentalize the thing, but I do think, for me, it's gotten too cluttered. It might just be for my mental health I need to get rid of some clutter, is all.

As for Evil Monkey, he will continue to tell it like it is for a long time to come.

JeffV

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

I second Jonathan's motion... Don't overthink it and always more Evil Monkey.

Although, if I could request (is that enough passive voice for a Sunday?) that Evil's screeching be at a lower volume. Some of us start our week (okay, only the past two weeks) with the Evil Monkey show at work. He's a little loud for work (thank the Old Ones for apple's volume control keys).

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Atlanta schedule permitting, let's try to get together. If you're here for more than just the one day, dinner at our house?

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Evil Monkey = a Good Thing.

I'm glad you're getting an SF site column, too.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll work on the volume on Evil Monkey--that's easy to fix, actually. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey, Virushead! Alas, we won't be in Atlanta--that's one of the movie premieres while we're in Europe.

However, I do plan to get to Atlanta next year for the AWP Conference in March. I'd very much like to take you up on your offer then, if it's still open.

Thanks re all the feedback. I just have to feel like I'm not drowning on the blog, if you know what I mean.

JeffV

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The invitation is open-ended.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc Seo Contest one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Upaya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa page and other update like as Beratnya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa, Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa di perpanjang and Jangan Berhenti Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. Thank you So much.

Oes Tsetnoc | Lanjutkan Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home