Wednesday, September 27, 2006

MUSIC FOR WRITING

Since I haven't done a music post for awhile, I thought I'd post a list of the songs I've got on my "Appogiatura of John Finch" playlist. "Appog" is gettin' so long I need something like this to keep the right mood.

It's one thing I love about itunes, being able to so easily mix-and-match what I want. Some of this is old stuff, but some of this is new, from this year.

Usually, I shuffle it all up, which works nicely, since the Ulysses' Gaze soundtrack has a lot of tracks and spread across the entire list provides a weird kind of continuity.

APPOGIATURA MUSIC LISTENIN'


Afghan Whigs

Congregation
Congregation
The Temple
Dedicate It
Black Love
Going to Town


The Auteurs

Now I’m a Cowboy
A Sister Like You
Underground Movies


Beck

Mutations
Lazy Files
Static/Diamond Bollocks


The Black Heart Procession

The Spell
Tangled
The Spell


Blur

13
Trailer Park


Calexico

Feast of Wire
Sunken Waltz
Black Heart
Close Behind
Woven Birds
The Book and the Canal


Calla

Collisions
Play Dead


The Church

Forget Yourself
Sealine
Nothing Seeker

Jammed
The Sexual Act

Louisiana (Single CD)
Lizard

Shriek Movie Soundtrack (working titles)
Calm Before Storm
Intense Build
Mild Tension
Psycho Tension Build


Clearlake

Amber
No Kind of Life

Cedars
I’d Like to Hurt You


Cracker

Kerosene Hat
Take Me (Back) To You


Darker My Love

Darker My Love
Helium Heels


The Dears

Protest – EP
Heaven, Have Mercy On Us
Summer of Protest


Death Cab for Cutie

Something About Airplanes
President of What?


The Delgados

Universal Audio
Keep On Breathing


Echo & the Bunnymen

Ocean Rain
The Killing Moon


Elefant

The Black Magic Show
Lolita
The Lunatic


Eleni Karaindrou & Kim Kashkashian

Soundtrack to Ulysses’ Gaze
[entire CD]


Espers
Espers
Hearts & Daggers


The Future Sound of London

The Isness
The Lovers
Goodbye Sky (Reprise)


Hotel Lights

Hotel Lights
You Come and I Go
Motionless


I Am Kloot

I Am Kloot
From Your Favourite Sky


Interpol

Turn On the Bright Lights
PDA


James

Millionaires
Someone’s Got It In For Me

Pleased to Meet You
Alaskan Pipeline
Junkie

Wah Wah (with Brian Eno)
Hammer Strings


Joe Henry

Sampler CD
Stop


Justin Sullivan

Navigating by the Stars
Navigating by the Stars


Ladytron

Witching Hour
Weekend


Lloyd Cole

Bad Vibes
Fall Together

Music in a Foreign Language
My Other Life
People Ain’t No Good (Nick Cave cover)


The Long Winters

Ultimatum
The Commander Thinks Aloud


Low Skies

The Bed
Down Below Him


Magnolia Electric Company

Trials and Errors
Almost Was Good Enough


Matt Keating

Scaryarea
(I Thought I Heard My) Head Explode


The Murder City Devils

The Murder City Devils
Boom Swagger Boom


Muse

Absolution
Stockholm Syndrome

Live Radio
Knights of Cydonia (crazy town live version from their site)

Origin of Symmetry
Space Dementia


Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

B-Sides and Rarities Volume III
She’s Leaving You

Henry’s Dream
Loom of the Land

Let Love In
Ain’t Gonna Rain No More

No More Shall We Part
And No More Shall We Part
Oh My Lord
The Sorrowful Wife

The Good Son
The Good Son
Sorrow’s Child

The Proposition (with Warren Ellis)
The Proposition #1
Road to Banyon
Gun Thing


Over the Rhine

Films for Radio
The World Can Wait
Give Me Strength


Placebo

Meds
Meds
Post Blue


Pleasure Forever

Pleasure Forever
Gideon & Goliath
Meet Me In Eternity
Curtain Call for a Whispering Ghost


Radiohead

OK Computer
Exit Music (For a Film)


Rammstein

Rosenrot
Rosenrot


The Refo:mation (part of The Church)

Pharmakoi/Distance-Crunching Honchos...
All See It Now


Richard Barone

Cool Blue Halo
Flew a Falcon
Sweet Blue Cage


Robbers On High Street

Fine Lines EP
Hot Sluts (Say I Love You)
A Night At Star Castle
How It Falls Apart


Scott Walker

The Drift
Cossacks Are


Songs: Ohia

Ghost Tropic
The Body Burned Away
Ghost Tropic
Not Just a Ghost’s Heart


Spoon

Girls Can Tell
Everything Hits at Once
Believing Is Art
The Way We Get By


Thursday

A City By the Light Divided
Arc-Lamps, Signal Flares
Autumn Leaves Revisited


Tiara

Sampler
Wish You Away


Tim Booth

Bone
Money God
Down to the Sea


Viva Voce

Lovers, Lead the Way!
Yr Epic Heart


Willard Grant Conspiracy & Telefunk

In the Fishtank 8
Dig a Hole in the Meadow


Wolf Parade

Apologies to the Queen Mary
Modern World


"You have a message," Gustat said. A chill spread up Finch’s back. The ways a gray cap could send a message were numerous and unnerving. They seemed to delight in more macabre methods of communication. Once a dead cat they’d reanimated briefly using fungal technology had delivered a message to Kanners in rhyming couplets; he’d not been the same for months. Another time, a mushroom had sidled onto Dapple’s desk and turned itself inside out, revealing the message.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god for single track online purchase outlets...I now have my entire 'music to buy' list for the next five years.

Also, the excerpts from Appogiatura are delicious. Can't get enough of them. 'Scuse me now...need to go see if I can preorder it on amazon.com.

ps Ever notice how often lyrics when heard with music seem to speak volumes, stirring strong emotion in the listener; yet when read in silence, they make absolutely no sense whatsoever?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Tessa said...

I dunno...."I am the walrus" seems pretty straight forward to me.

*flees*

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laughing*

Music and acid are needed for that one.

Goo goo g'joob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home