Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SOON I WILL BE INVINCIBLE


I'm not much for superheroes, with the exception of the darker Batman stuff, some of the Spiderman movies, and, of course, The Watchmen. Oh, and Swamp Thing, and, er...okay, so I guess, like in any genre, the stuff that's done well I like a lot.

Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman is a superhero/supervillain novel like no other. Grossman has invested a lot in the characters of Dr. Impossible and his superhero counterpart Fatale. The writing is crisp and clever and at times just wonderful. I'm enjoying the heck out of this novel, which will be released in June. Just a fun read with some depth.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got a copy of that, and in fact it's next on my reading list. It looks fun, so I'm glad to hear you liked it.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought it was a lot of fun, too, though I liked the Dr. Impossible chapters rather more than the Fatale chapters, enough so that I occasionally skimmed the latter to get back to the former.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Joe said...

That's good to hear - Penguin who are doing the UK edition just sent me details of the book before I finished up for my break, hopefully a proof of it will wing my way in the near future.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one on my to read list. Keep the book reviews coming :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home