Tuesday, May 29, 2007

PREDICTING THE FUTURE

It's exciting times here at the VanderMeer Ranch. Opportunities popping up all over the place. At least three out of the eight things below should come true within the next couple of weeks...

Jeff

- I'll be contracted to write an off-off-Broadway musical.
- I'll accept an opportunity to write a coffee table book for a software company.
- I'll be commissioned to write a travel guide on a South Pacific island nation.
- I'll sign a contract to write a tie-in novel for a pretty major movie/novel/comics franchise.
- I'll be asked to allow a gaming company to make a cartoon out of a short story.
- I'll accept a ghost writing gig for a major national politician.
- I'll be asked to write a story for a fan who happens to be a top-40 musician and who wants to have the story micro-tattooed on his arms.
- I'll write the lyrics for a song for a member of one of my favorite bands.

3 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Steve Buchheit said...

Okay, I think the song tattoo should happen. You know, even if one of those Top 40 people needed to be "volunteered."

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Matt Staggs said...

Alright, now I'm imagining Justin Timberlake gushing about how much he loves "Dradin, in Love:"

Yo dawg, VanderMeer's grasp of metafictional technique is off da hook!

Seriously though, sounds really exciting!

My life?

Fluorescent lights may or may not be communicating to me in Morse Code.

I'll learn that the expression "dying on the vine" isn't always metaphorical as my new office director moves forward on plans to run our copy machine on pure human blood.

The Old Gods may show up pissed off because their herald Lovecraft mistranslated "Grape Cthulhu's" title. He likes snowcones. A lot.

Matt

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Beth Adele Long said...

The last one on the list is also on MY list of opportunities! I should clarify that the band member does not know of my existence, and I have no way of getting the lyrics to the band, but hey, I can write away.

Looking forward to the cartoon, and to any and all other fulfilled opportunities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home