Monday, May 28, 2007

SAGA OF THE DRAGON HEAD--Part 1

We just spent a wonderful, relaxing anniversary (our fifth!) weekend in St. Augustine, doing nothing but chilling out.

However, I did manage to make my first insane purchase since the beginning of the year--a dragon head from the Splendid China exhibit in Orlando--sold to an antique shop owner in St. Augustine after the place was torn down. And just this cool head remaining. It'd been in the shop for three years, finally going steeply down in price this year. Much love to Ann for not thinking me crazy. Since there's no space in our house, Erin has it in hers now, as a guardian spirit for Riley. To Erin's credit (or perhaps she's just used to us), when we called her and asked if she'd like a huge dragon head in her house, she said, "Sure!"

Jeff





5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Tessa said...

Dude. I want a giant dragon head. Although I was imagining one from a dragon used for dancing. Do you know what that is from, specifically?

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

freaking priceless!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF??? I can honestly say my life is complete now that I have seen Jeff with a giant dragon head!!!

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. I want to steal it and send you ransom pictures of it from around the world.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it took us 45 minutes to get the blasted thing in the back seat of the car. Don't know about a trip around the world!

Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home